20 June 2011

AT A LOSS FOR WORDS

Do you ever have the feeling that you have something to say that could really change something, but when it comes down to it, you just can't put it into words?
Do you ever go through a day, thinking it's nothing out of the ordinary, until you get alone and reflect on the day &realize that you did actually learn something, and in the smallest way, it's made you grow into a better person?
Yup, you guessed it. That day for me was today.


I was just standing around talking to a friend for nearly 2 hours, just catching up on life, drama, boys, and everything in between. But when I got home and got to thinking about it, I realized something during that conversation, even if it wasn't... aware of it. I had a big word I wanted to use, but I can't think of it.
Everybody has quirks, we all tick, we all say the wrong thing at one point or another, and we all screw up. But more than any of that, we are all screwed up.
But then when I got to thinking more about it, there's more to it. That's the thing about my mind. When I realize one thing, it just keeps getting better. It's like one epiphany after another, after another, after another. Everybody has their own issues. Everybody's life is screwed up in one way or another. And the main thing that I realized that I wish everybody would also realize; We all judge people we don't know, based on rumors that are nowhere near the truth, or just from a snap judgement we make. We judge people, when we don't like to be judged by others. We judge others in areas where we have no right to ay kind of judgement.
"The Girl you just called fat? She has been starving herself & has lost over 30lbs. The Boy you called stupid, he has a learning disability & studies over 4hrs a night. The Girl you called ugly? She spends hours putting make-up on hoping people will like her. The Boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. There's a lot more to people then you think."
I wish people would read this quote, and realize how true it is. And choose to change how they look at the world because of this quote. It is one of the strongest, and most true, that I've ever read. And trust me when I say that I've read my fair share of quotes in my life. Saying I'm addicted is an understatement.
But seriously, I do believe that one person can change the world, it just has to be the right person, at the right time, with the right intentions, willing to do the wrong thing in order to get the right outcome. Get it? Good.
The bottom line that I'm trying to get at, is the simple fact that you never know who or what you're judging. The person who you're making fun of could be contemplating suicide, while the person you praise could be the person with the most screwed up life of all. The amazing thing about the human race, is that we've all perfected the idea of covering up what is real. That's why we smile through the rough times, we wear makeup to cover the bruises, and put on a show to the world so they don't think twice when you act like 'normal.' We have all perfected the art of pretending. Good or bad? You never know. But the next time you go to make a snap judgement about a person you know nothing about, check yourself and ask yourself if you would want someone to judge you when they have no idea what YOU are going through.




Check out my other blog(:
http://epicbookreviews.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment