05 April 2011


LIFE

You love to hate it. I love to hate it. Life is the most magical thing we have, and yet, it's also the most treacherous. With life, you get the good with the bad, the positive with the negative, the happy with the sad. There are so many things to talk about it, but as soon as my mind moves from one topic to another, I begin to forget the first one.

Parents. Yes, we all love them, and we need them, but do we really need them around 100% of the time?! I mean, I ask for your opinion, and you refuse to give it to me; you come back with trivial questions that are supposed to make me think more about what I'm asking you. I don't care to hear what you think about something because in this day-in-age, you are bound to not get it, yet you insist on throwing in your two sense. I say I hate something, you tell me I hate myself. No, actually, I don't hate myself, thank you. I hate the way technology works, and I hate it when it doesn't function like it is supposed to.

Friends. What is the point in having a million friends when you can't even really trust the majority of them? Yes, it is important lesson in life to be friendly to those around you and those that you love, but do you really have to trust all of your secrets with ALL of your friends? I, personally, can count the number of true friends I have on one hand. Good or bad? That's all in the eye of the beholder. Friends are bound to get mad at each other for things, but is it really necessary to hold a grudge against someone, when maybe YOU were the one that was in the wrong? Is it too much for me to ask you to DEBATE whether or not you were the one in the wrong, or am I bound to always be seen as the bad person, the bad friend, or just the one who can do no right?

Yes, because if this stupid thing you started, our friendship will never be the same. Congratulations, you just lost one of the few people in life that can actually stand to be around you for more than 5 minutes at a time. Look at you, you just got rejected from your top few colleges, and you lost a good friends on top of that. Well done. My hat is off to you.

Boys. Will teen girls every realize that there is more to high school than cute boys? Yes, there is always a plus being able to see the quarter back on the football team one row in front of you in math class, but what is the point of getting all worked up over somebody you probably won't ever talk to? Do your self a favor; take your head out of the clouds for 2 seconds, come back down to earth, and realize that you're not giving the real guys in school the time of day.

Teenagers. Tell me this, what is it with all of the nice, genuine girls in school, going for the bad boy that will inevitable cheat on them? What is the point of the respectable guy in school going for the slut that will cheat on them and then lie about it in the end? Do teens anymore really not have the self respect to get over the stupid stereotypes? For crying out loud, get over what other people want you to do and say, or who they want you to date. After high school, none of it matters anymore. Why would you want to waste 4 years of your life, listening to people who are bound to steer you in the wrong direction? Friends usually have good intentions, but they are sometimes bound together with the wrong idea. And another thing, while on the topic of teenagers, what is it with people being so hard headed? NO, it is by no means a bad thing, but we all have to refuse to listen to somebody else for 2 seconds of our lives? Why can't we all just put aside our differences so we can resolve a misunderstanding? Why can't we get over our ego so that we can just say that we're sorry for everything that has happened, and then move on? I am one of the most hard headed people that anyone will ever meet, but I don't see the point in not being able to take a little constructive criticism without freaking out on the person that was just trying to help out in the first place...

&another thing, what is it with everybody 'not caring' what anyone else thinks? Yes, for some people it's true, but I highly doubt that every single person that says it, doesn't mean it. But is it really a bad thing to care about what others think of you? Now, I'm not saying, by any means, that it should rule your life what your peers think of you. All I'm saying is simply that if there is something about you that a ton of people in your life think you should change, would it really be a bad thing to at least take into consideration what they're saying?

Don't get me wrong, these are just some of the things that get me thinking as I walk around school, or the things that I notice at work. I'm guilty of a lot of these things. I'm not saying that I'm perfect because I am FAR from it. I just think these are some of the things that are pretty big things anymore, when they really shouldn't necessarily be that big of a deal...

--KFeldman, SWilliams, ASottosanti, CArmstrong, Mom, Dad, LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment