14 March 2011


MAD WITHOUT CAUSE

So, what is the point of having birthday parties anymore? I means, yeah, when it's from the ages of birth to like, 12, sure, but beyond that is pushing it.
So, what do you think of the idea of turning 18 and having a party? I think it's ridiculous. I mean, ask friends over to hang out, make plans with friends to go see a movie, whatever! But does it really need the title of 'birthday party'? It makes us sound like we're 5 years old again.
Okay, moving on... Well, kind of.
I go to your little gathering, and since I'm not friends with the mass majority of people you invited, I decide to leave. Either I leave and you can carry on in peace, or I sit in the corner, talking to only one person, and you feel bad because I'm not talking.
Yes, I do understand the concept of your friend don't bite. Yes, I have talked to them before. It's just weird for me to pretend for a night that I'm best friends with them all, when in reality, I won't speak to any of them past graduation.
I went to the party because it meant a lot to you, but I chose to leave because I felt like I was being little Betty Buzz Kill, and I didn't want to be the reason that you don't enjoy your party...
But, now you're not talking to me, all because I left early?
Come On!!!! That's so juvenile!
I left because I felt so out of place. So sue me for leaving an awkward situation and not trying to make it worse. Maybe if I hadn't gone at all, it would have been fine. Yeah, not wasted my $8 on you that I did, not wished you a happy birthday, not shown up at all. Yes, that would have been so much better.

Plus, why are you mad at me?! I left with Kellyn and Alice after being there for like 2 hours and you're not mad at either of them, just me. Erik was there for like 5 minutes and you're not mad at him, just me! I'm sorry, but I don't see the point in all of this.
You're being so ridiculous and you feel sorry for yourself. I mean come on, you should be happy that I even went. I could have chosen to just not show up, and you wouldn't have been mad at me.
But I'm the one person that you think you can get mad at, and will do anything to be friends again, well babe, I hate to break it to you, but not anymore. You want to be mad at me for absolutely no reason. Awesome, go for it. I have other friends that I can hang out with. I just hope before graduation that you realize just how stupid this whole thing is and decide to grow up a little and just get over it.

--SWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment