18 February 2011


ART IS THE MOVEMENT

What's so great about art, you ask? What's NOT great about art, I ask in response. Art is the one thing in this world that is different. There's no right or wrong when looking at art. The beauty of art is that anything and EVERYTHING is art. A drawing, a sketch, graffiti, tattoos, piercings, hair color, poetry, and so much more...
Art is the one thing that, I believe, can change the world as we know it. It is all so different and versatile. Everybody interprets it differently because we are all in different stages in life. Just because we do something that someone else sees as 'weird' may be the one thing that could change a person's life.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
&I believe this goes for art too. You see, what I see as totally and completely worthless in our society, could be life changing for you. It could make you see the world in a different way, or open your eyes to another way of seeing things. &vice versa.
That's the beauty of art. There are so many different things in the world that can be considered art, and it all means something different to different people. I could read a book that could change my life and bring me to tears &a friend could read the exact same book, and go through it laughing because he/she is getting something different from it.
The thing that bothers me though about society is the fact that some people are very picky about art. They think that only certain things can be considered art. Some people think that only true art are the pieces that are displayed in museums and such, but I disagree. I believe that art is anything that can get a person thinking, anything that can open a person's mind, if only for a second. I believe that art has the power to change the world. It has the power to change a life. It has the power to take a life. Art, I would argue, is one of the most powerful things in the world.
Art, is my life. Most would never guess such a thing because how I look at art, may not be how they look at it. But to me, art is anything that I can find meaning in, anything that can make me think for hours on end, anything that can open my mind.
To me, a simple statement from a friend, can be art, just because it makes me realize something that I never thought much about before.
To me, art is life. Art is such an amazing thing, and I don't believe anybody can go through life without experiencing it in some way, shape, or form.

No comments:

Post a Comment