15 February 2011


BASKETBALL

Ahh, high school basketball. There's nothing better(: Nothing beats a night that we play our rival, with a close score. Win or lose, it shouldn't matter. Yes, it is nice to know that we won the game, but if not, then let's not be sore losers, yeah?
The reason for going should be to have fun. Winning or losing? What does it matter? The point of playing is purely for the love of the game. But what has winning done to sports. Yes, sometimes winning helps, for example, football &the Superbowl. Need I say more? I think not.
But tonight PC played LHS. We lost, so why be sore losers? They beat us today, we beat them last time. Ya win some ya lose some.The reason we, the fans go, is to cheer you on. We don't go just because we know you'll win. We go for the hope of winning, but to be able to hang out with our friends, feel adrenaline rush through our veins, and have the best time of our lives.
That's why nobody likes games that are won by tons of points. They're no fun because anybody can predict the outcome. No, I like a game that close. The kind of close that the teams are a point off of each other, so every shot that's made, puts one team another point ahead of their opponent. I go to cheer on my school because I love the spirit, I believe in the players, and no matter what happens, I love to see the smiles on their faces when they get a call for them, when they make a shot that puts them ahead on the scoreboard, and just because I love watching them do something they all love. I go because, to me, nothing beats being able to experience your friends being passionate about something that you also care so much about.


Twice the security of any other game? Thinking that fights will break out? Possible threats? All for a high school basketball game? Now come on, that's going too far. What ever happened to the love of the game? Yes, it's good when people get heated, but should it really ever get to the point of going beyond school spirit? Yes, talk crap, show the best spirit you can. That's what high school is all about, but anything more than that for sports, is just unnecessary.

I love going to the game, for the game. For the social part. I don't go because people go way too far. I will always show school spirit. Why would you go to a school that you despise? No, I go to a school that I'm in love with, I will proudly stand up for it no matter what. Try &disrespect it &you will hear from me. But get to the point of threats? That's just too far.
I hate how far it's gotten, it's really gone too far. All the more reason for me to want to get out of here.

Graduation, you couldn't be coming at a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment