17 July 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
College. That's the one thing that has basically changed my life. It's done it slowly, but it's still changed it. The fact that this was my number one school, the only school that I wanted to go to or WOULD go to, and I got rejected, has changed a lot of things for me. It has made me think about whether I really want to go to college or not. I have always dreamed about it and I've always wanted to go to college, but I never knew what I wanted to pursue. I know what I'm passionate about right now, but that's just it... It's RIGHT NOW. I change my mind more often than the average person changes their underwear, and that's a lot. I have phases and it's really a problem. I'm a dreamer and my dreams change all the time. On day I want to be a writer and go live in NY and work with a big magazine firm, and the next, I want to be a freelance photographer and just travel the world and hope I get the chance someday to get my work published. I know that I love English, I love art, and I love children, but really? A triple major?! Is that even allowed?!
The fact that I was rejected from the one school that I wanted to go to, and one of the two that I actually applied (I got accepted to UCCS), has made me look at my life and try to figure out what I want to do with it, before I go off and spend thousands of dollars that I don't have, just trying to figure out what I want to do, when I can do that while still living at home, with a job, making money... At this point I still don't know what I want, but every day, I can feel I'm getting a little closer to figuring it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment