08 July 2011

I WANT NOTHING MORE, THAN TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.

Me being bed ridden since Monday, and knowing I won't be going anywhere for still about another week or so, I have had way too much time to think about things; Life, Dreams, what I want to do, how I can make it happen, etc. The main thing that I haven't been able to shake, is the desire to start traveling. I'm not going to school this year, and to be completely honest, I don't think I will be going for a few years. I just don't want to go. At this point in my life, I just want to get out and see the world. I want to see all the places that 99% of people never see. I want to experience things most only dream about. I want to actually live my life, and not just exist. I want to do something bigger, something better. I want somebody to be able to look at my life and say, "Wow, she really did have it all. I wish my life could be like hers."
I want my life, to be one that people look at and can say to themselves that my life, was a life not wasted. I want to live my life, the way I see fit. I don't want to live by what other people tell me is right or wrong, and what others say should or shouldn't be done.  I want to make my life my own, no matter what I have to do to make it just that...

So, with that being said, here is a list of a few of the places I want to go to within the next 5 years.
  • South Africa
  • Italy
  • France
  • London
  • Mexico
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Switzerland
  • India
  • Shanghai
  • Delhi
  • Beijing
  • Tokyo
  • Bangkok
  • Egypt
  • Cape Verde
  • Botswana
  • Ethiopia
  • Morocco
  • Nigeria
  • Sudan
  • Uganda
You name it, I want to go there. And I don't just want to visit and be on my way... No, I want to live there, I want to learn about the different cultures, learn the languages, I want to be included in the rituals of the lands. But most of all, I want to be able to just pack up my cameras, a laptop, and just go wherever I want, whenever I want to go.
I want to visit every continent, and I want to visit every country on every continent. I want to go everywhere I can, as long as it's safe and there isn't a risk of me getting killed. I want to go to places like Afghanistan; I want to be able to photograph every day life of those that our government won't let us see. I want to photograph the lives of the military personnel that risk their lives for us; I want to photograph the children that have nothing left.
I want to make a difference. I WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment