21 July 2011

Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget

There is on picture for today because, cliche as it sounds, there is nothing I wish I could forget. There are times when I wish I could go back and undo something stupid I did, but honestly, everything I've done or gone through has made me who I am. There are things about myself that I wish I could change, but I can't so why waste time wishing for something that won't ever change. The things that I sometimes want to forget are the things that I never will, and the things I want to remember forever are the things that leave my memory first.
I have been through things most people would never believe, but honestly, I don't care. I don't live to please anybody but myself. Every moment of every day that I've lived has helped shape me into the person that I am right now. Nothing will change that. Plus, why would I want to forget about something that has made me the person I am? They may not be happy memories, but they are the things I think about when I start doubting myself. They are the things I look at and say, "Lydia, if you can make it through something like that, getting through this will be a cake walk."

No comments:

Post a Comment