19 January 2011


DO YOU EVEN SEE ME?

I see you. Everywhere. In school, during lunch, in your car, during games, and in my dreams. I see you everywhere, but I fear you don't see me at all. I try to do thinkg to get your attention, but is it enough? Do I need to do something more drastic just so you will look at me? I hate this feeling. I know we never talk, but is it a bad thing to want that change?
I don't know what it is about you, but I want to get to know you more. You're a basketball player, you have a cute smile, according to my friends, a nice ass, and a certain mystery about you, and maybe that's just it. The idea that you're not easy to get makes it fun to watch from afar, but I'm getting tired. I just want to talk to you and know if you even know if I exist.
I want to know if I'm wasting my time, or if being in lust with you is actually worth all of the suffering I put myself through. You're cute and something about you just pulls me closer and makes me even more curious every time I see you.
You're not loud or begging for attention, like most of your friends...
You're not the starting player at the games like your friends...
You're not always hitting on random girls, like your friends...
You're different, and I like it. I find it extremely appealing and attractive.
So if all of this is true, what does a girl have to do to get you to smile at her?
I know you know who I am.

You look at me in the halls, we race down the road when it's just us and our friends, I freak out when I pull up next to you at an intersection after a game...
So what else do I have to do to get you to see me? I'm a bold person, unless it comes to guys like you. You make me nervous, without saying a single word. I saw a guy that looked like you and my stomach dropped below the floor; I hated the feeling.
I know this sounds cliche, but you make me feel like I haven't felt in years. There's something intriguing about you, but I can't put my finger on it. It seems like everything I do reminds me of you. I want to get to know you, but will that ever really happen?
Is my little 5 year old crush just a waste of my time? Do you like another girl that you think is out of your reach? Do you think all of these things when you see me? Do you even see me at all, or am I just another girl in the hallway?

I see you everywhere and it kills me everyday. I want nothing more than to spend a little time with you: to see what makes you laugh, what makes you tick, what makes you roll your eyes, and what makes you fall harder than you would ever want to . I want to know you, I want to see you in a way your friends don't, but do you want the same? Do you even recognize me when you see me? Do you see me at all?

--MReed

No comments:

Post a Comment