19 January 2011

WHO DO YOU SEE?

When you see me, what do you see? A girl who keeps to herself? Who has her small group of friends, but has no problem going out of her comfort zone?
These are just a few of the questions I ask myself when I'm alone. When I walk through the halls, or drive into a parking lot, what do people think? Some people would say I have many sides, or faces, but it's not true. It's called being a girl &having different moods. I feel certain ways after certain things happen.
This isn't going to be a post all about who I am, explaining me to everybody in the world. Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if someone wants to know something or someone, all they have to do is ask. It's not that hard, I promise. I've been told that people are scared to ask me something because they think I'm going to judge them, or laugh at them, or something equally low, but I hate hearing things like that. Those kinds of things just tell me that people really don't know me as well as they sometimes let on.
I'm the most laid back person and usually just go with the flow, but there are times when I can't keep my mouth shut. I know what I believe and I won't just sit back when somebody is talking crap about something they know nothing about. No, I'm not the smartest girl in class, but when I talk, I know what I'm talking about. I'm by no means uptight, that I can promise you.
I've gotten PRO at laughing at anything and everything, especially myself, but if you know me, you know that very well. I laugh at just about everything, and I have a very wide range of humor. I get jokes fast, and will remember them forever. I like tacky pick up lines, cheesy quotes, and extremely eye rolling worthy things that people say to me. I have learned that there are two things that will ever get me through life: Laughter or Tears. 99% of the time I turn to laughter, but every now and then, there's nothing more heartwarming than a good full out bawling session. Hey, I'm a girl, what can I say?! ;)
I'm low maintenence &want only two things out a relationship: Trust and Love. I want someone who will earn my trust and won't betray that in a second. I want someone who can trust me wholeheartedly, and will love me despite my flaws and my countless mistakes. I want someone who will be there for me after everything with a smile and a hug that can last for hours. I want someone who will be there for me for everything, and make sure I know that every day. I want someone I can count on, who knows that they can count on me. I don't change my mind overnight, and when I commit to something, I do it entirely, with everything in me. I want someone who will make pinky promises with me, and will keep those promises no matter what happens. I want someone who can look at me &know when something's wrong, and will fight to get it out of me.
How can a guy win my heart? It's really quite simple. Laugh with me. Make me smile. Remind me everyday that he loves me, and why I love him. Make me happy. &ALWAYS keep a promise. Trust is something very important to me. If I can't trust someone, it will never work out.
"A promise means everything, but once it's broken, sorry means nothing."
I need someone who will argue with me, but NEVER doubt my feelings. What most people don't know is that I love to argue and fight, but it has to be about something important. I won't argue about nonsense. I'm very strong in my beliefs and I know what I want, and I will fight to get just that. I want someone who will yell at me when I'm irritating and not worry about hurting my feelings. I want someone who will hurt me for all of the right reasons, but be there for me to run to when someone else hurts me and be ready to kick ass for me. I want someone that I can count on at all times of the day.
So, I will ask you again. When you look at me, what do you see?
A stuck up PC girl?
A fighter, or a lover?
An argument waiting to happen?
Someone who knows how to have fun?
A writer?
A photographer?
A girl who has dreams that are too big for this town?
Someone who wants nothing less than the world?

Go ahead and judge me, but there will always be things everybody won't know about me. When you look at me, would you believe I love piercings and tattoos? Would you believe I'm going to marry someone in the military? Would you believe that the only person I dare call my best friend is my brother? Would you believe all of this, or none of this? It doesn't matter to me what you think about me, but do me a favor: Before you write me off, sit down with me and have a conversation with me. Then make up your mind about me.

But until then, what do you think when you see me?

No comments:

Post a Comment