27 January 2011

I AM

Very inspiring movie. One of the many benefits of going to PC for your senior year? You get awesome benefits like being able to have a movie premier at your school BEFORE it hits the theaters. &To make it even better, it was open to the general public, it was free, and everybody who's anybody was there. It was truly one of the most inspiring movies I have ever seen. It showed me that there is so much more to life than who's the popular kid in school, or how much money someone has. It proved to me that money is truly the worst form of cancer for our society. It's the worst disease. We have all been so brainwashed by all of society that we have come to believe that we can't be happy unless we have more than we need.
Answer me this: Why is it that in America, there are so many people with more money than they know what to do with, when across the lake there are people who can't even scrounge up enough to buy a piece of break to eat...
We have been taught to look up to people like Brad Pitt, Zac Efron, Brittney Spears, and people of equal fame. But once you watch this movie, I believe you will all see the error of our ways and see that the real people we should be looking up to are people like Ghandi, MLK Jr, FJK, and Nelson Mandela. Now these people are true inspirations. They fought society's beliefs. They fought for what the believed in, and refused to back down despite what everyone around them said. I believe that these are the people we no longer pay attention to, yet are the ones that we SHOULD be remembering. It showed me that instead of worshiping money, we should be looking for happiness in life, not so much money that we don't even know what to do with it all. It has been proven that people that are of medium rank in the money system are happier than those of enormous wealth. Don't ask me where I've heard this because I don't remember, but it was one of those things that I heard, and has stuck with me ever since then.
The movie was definitely one that I recommend everybody go see. It's not so moving that it will bring you to tears, but it will definitely make you see another side of life, a happier side of life, the side of life that we should all be striving for, yet don't have the courage to pursue...

No comments:

Post a Comment