04 January 2011

WHAT'S SO DIFFERENT?


We were best friends, and look what has happened to us now. I bust my butt trying to get ahold of you, but you don't even seem to care. Yes, I did move schools, but that doesn't mean that I want to lose touch with all of the friends that I had. I still want to be the best friends that we were last year, but to you, that doesn't seem to matter at all. I look back at the pictures of us &can't help but think to myself, 'what happened?' We were best friends, we would spend every weekend together, and at the beginning of this year, I would be at your house at least 3 times a week, making new mix cds for me to listen to, catching up on all of the latest drama in your life, and you doing the same for me. We would talk and laugh about total nonsense, but where has all of that gone? We made so many memories in the one year that we knew each other, but we were friends immediately, and that kind of friendship can't be forged. We had so many inside jokes and would text each other every single day. &yet today, I can't even get a simple yes/no response from you when I text you. I get the idea that people move on and friends leave, but you were the one friend I thought would stick around for a lifetime. We were instant friends, which is insanely rare for me, which you know. So, just answer me this... What happened?


--GCelestino

No comments:

Post a Comment