29 January 2011


THE FUTURE. THE PAST. THE RIGHT NOW. THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

My friend posted on her blog as follows:
"But I can still appreciate a man who can be a man.
A man with morals and life goals and drive and really great hair.
A man who can be my best friend, but still give me butterflies every time he touches my hand.
A man who's willing to step it up and actually pursue a lady, rather than sit back and wait for her to practically sit at his feet and beg him to give her the time of day.
I'll never be that girl, and I wonder if there's "that guy" out there.
Time will tell :D "
--SLaird

I read this and fell in love. It is so true. I'm not the 'girly' type of girl. I hate dressing up. 99% of my life has been lived in jeans and hoodies, My hair is always worn one of like 4 ways, and I'm friends with all the guys. But does that really mean that I'm not entitled to true love? I believe everybody deserves love from a significant other. We are all loved by friends and family, but that's not the kind we spend our entire lives searching for, so why should that be the only kind we receive? I believe that everybody deserves that one person that can give you butterflies, just with their smile. I believe that love should be earned, not taken for granted. I believe we should have to work at love every day for the rest of our lives. I believe guys need to go back to school and relearn how to get a girl to look his way, not for a girl to fight to get HIM to give her the time of day. I believe our society as completely reversed the use of the sexes when it comes to romance, &I believe that we all need to be loved like in the 18th century.

NEXT TOPIC:
Life.TheFuture.Graduation.GrowingUp.
All of these are very scary things to think about. Life is one of those things that is so fragile, yet harmless. It is scary, yet extremely exciting. It is terrifying, but totally worth the ride. It is something we all go through, yet some of us make it through easier than others. Life is one of those things that is different for everyone, and it is something that can change, or be gone, in a matter of seconds, with a single word, or a single action. Life is the scariest/worst/best/electrifying/inspiring thing in the world.
The future is terrifying. I love the idea, but at the same time, I'm terrified of it and don't want it to come. I'm the kind of person that loves change, but the idea of the future is actually starting to scare me. I have always wanted the rest of my life to finally be on it's way, but then I sit back and look at the life I have right now, and I realize that I am falling more and more in love with life every single day, which makes me realize that I really don't want it to just get on with. I want to enjoy every single second of the rest of my life. I'm only 18 years old, but I feel like I'm starting to see what life is all about. It's not about money, or the number of friends you have, or the ultimate destination you want to get to. Life, to me, is all about this moment. The one that we're in right now. Life is all about how you feel about yourself, how much you laugh, how you feel when you're with the people you love, how you treat people around you, and what you do when nobody is looking. Life is all about the person you become along the journey, and how you react the all of the curve balls that life throws at you.
Graduation. It's the thing we all look forward to, but never really think it will come. But when it's right around the corner, it all starts to hit you. All the friends you have made in school: they're all moving to different places. Your current school infatuation, you won't ever see again. You won't be able to see everybody, every day of the week like you're used to. You realize that you can finally move away, but wait, is that really what you want anymore? I always thought I wanted to move away, but now that I have the option to, is it really what I want? I have so many friends, and I'm so close to all of them, I don't want them to suddenly spread out over the entire continent. Just the simple thought of graduation terrifies me. I love change, but this is one that I'm not ready for. I'm not ready to be on my own. I'm not ready to leave the life I have right now, for something 100% new. I start to shake, I start to want my past pack, I start to want to reconnect with my old friends, I start to want everything I never wanted, back. It makes me want to cry. I'm so used to knowing what's going to happen when, and being somewhat in control, but the future is so different. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know what I want. I don't know who I will meet, what I will do, how I will survive. Life is so easy, I'm not ready to move on. Senior year. It's everything that I ever imagined it could be. Times 374974372537590276647382928364. Literally. This year is a million and one times better than I thought it could be. But in a matter of months, it will all be over. No turning back. No second chances. No. It will all be over &a new chapter will be beginning. Am I really ready for that?
Life is easy. We have jobs, but nothing real we have to pay for. We have countless friends. We have the summer. We have school, &classes. We have the rest of our lives. But every single day we waste, is a day that we can NEVER get back. Why do we waste the time we have, wishing for tomorrow, when tomorrow is never guaranteed?

"Real life is a funny thing, you know. In real life, saying the right thing at the right moment is beyond crucial. So crucial, in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. But lately what I've begun to fear more than that is letting the moment pass without saying anything. I think most of us fear reaching the end of our life, and looking back regretting the moments we didn't speak up. When we didn't say 'I love you.' When we should've said 'I'm sorry.' When we didn't stand up for ourselves or someone who needed help....
"What you say might be too much for some people. Maybe it will come out all wrong and you'll stutter and you'll walk away embarrassed, wincing as you play it all back in your head. But I think the words you stop yourself from saying are the ones that will haunt you for the longest. Say it to them. Or say it to yourself in the mirror. Say it in a letter you'll never send or in a book millions might read someday. I think you deserve to look back on your life without a chorus of resounding voices saying, 'I could've, but it's too late now.' There is a time for silence. There is a time waiting your turn. But if you know how you feel, and you so clearly know what you need to say, you'll know it. I don't think you should wait. I think you should SPEAK NOW."
--TSwift (:

Life is such a strange thing. And people are the reason for it. We spend our whole lives not saying things because of the fear of hurting someone's feelings, losing a friend, embarrassing ourselves, or maybe even making ourselves vulnerable. Yet, at the end of our lives, we all think, 'what if?' What if we had said that one thing, to that one person? What if I had told the cute guy on the basketball team just how much I really liked him? What if I had been honest that one time? We go through life doing things that we don't want to regret, but in the end, we end up regretting all of those things that we didn't do, that we should have done. We're all afraid of being judged. Of putting our true feelings out there for the world to see. Of wearing our hearts on our sleeves. Of doing things we'll regret. Of not doing anything at all.
We spend our lives fearing fear itself. What's the point? We all want to make our mark on the world and the people around us, but are afraid of the consequences of doing just that... We end up fearing life itself, which is sad. We are all made for a purpose, and my guess is that it wasn't to fear life; it's to embrace it and make the best of it.

Do the things you fear. Do something that terrifies you. Eat lunch with somebody you would never hang out with. Do something that you think will kill you. Kiss somebody you just met. Make plans for the future, but don't be afraid to veer off track for awhile. Say something that takes you out of your comfort zone. EMBRACE LIFE.
Nothing in this life is guaranteed. Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?

I'm scared. I'm scared of the future. I'm scared of life. I'm scared of the unknown. I'm scared of love. I'm scared of commitment. I'm scared of myself. I'm scared of how I'll spend my life. I'm scared of falling in love. I'm scared of never finding love. I'm scared of losing everything I know. I'm scared that I won't get everything that I want. I'm scared I'll get everything and more. I fear. But that's the beauty of life. We all fear, but life goes on. We live and we learn, we crash and we burn. What's the point of life if it's all going to waste?

Inspirations for this post?
--THale, CArmstrong, ASottosanti, EWinland, MReed, KFeldman, CGilreath, Myself, RScott, Ghandi, MLK, SLaird, TSwift, Life, Love, Regret, Fear, &so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment